Discussion Board

Expand all | Collapse all

Discussion of Imaging Results

• 1.  Discussion of Imaging Results

Posted 07-31-2020 14:54
      |   view attached

This is an article just posted from DIAGNOSIS that is worth sharing – about the value of clinicians talking to their radiology colleagues about imaging reports.  This is a suggestion we've been making for years, and Kevin Johnson has really summarized the story nicely, including citations to the studies that have actually measured the benefit of these discussions.  Please share this with your front-line clinician colleagues.

Two questions for you: 

1. What can we do to promote these discussions, and
    2. Is the COVID chaos is leading to more or fewer interactions between frontline clinicians and radiologists?

Mark L Graber, MD FACP

Founder and President Emeritus, SIDM

Professor Emeritus, Stony Brook University, NY

Work   607 305-0050

Cell      919 667-8585

A close up of a signDescription automatically generated

• 2.  RE: Discussion of Imaging Results

Posted 07-31-2020 15:02
    To promote communication, get rid of the relevancy criteria.Not because they aren't good, but they lend themselves to checkboxes.
    Best is a phone call, next is a blank sheet of paper.
    Dr. David Kellum drummed this into my head many decades ago. "This is not a game. I am a consultant. As you would not send your patient to cardiology without a clinical question, neither should you send them to me absent such a question."
    tom benzoni

• 3.  RE: Discussion of Imaging Results

Posted 07-31-2020 17:16
    Hi, So important.

Does the cost of communication need to be discussed.

It is a little like Trump going for opening up everything to get re-elected and ignoring the Covid 19 deaths and injury.

Time is money.

Do you know how communication time is handled in single payer systems in other part f the world.

Rob