Discussion Board

Expand all | Collapse all

New Project with WomenHeart

• 1.  New Project with WomenHeart

Posted 05-12-2020 09:45

We are excited to share that SIDM, in partnership with WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease WomenHeart, was approved for a PCORI Engagement Award to support a convening to address missed and delayed diagnosis of heart disease in women. The convening will provide a platform for rich dialogue and idea-generation across a wide range of participants, and will similarly be planned and designed with a diverse Steering Committee comprised of women with heart disease, cardiologists, nurses, researchers, diagnostic quality and safety experts, policy makers, and industry representatives.  You can learn more about the project here.  

Many thanks,
    Suz

M. Suz Schrandt, JD
    Senior Patient Engagement Advisor

• 2.  RE: New Project with WomenHeart

Posted 05-12-2020 10:20
    Congratulations!  I look forward to learning more and exploring ways to collaborate.  I am PI on an AHRQ funded Patient Safety Learning Laboratory focused on the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease in women.  We were funded last September and are early in our work, but this is an important topic with potential to make a measurable improvement in health and wellness.

------------------------------
    Christine Goeschel ScD RN
    MedStar Institute for Quality & Safety (MIQS)
    Professor of Medicine,Georgetown University
    chris.a.goeschel@medstar.net

• 3.  RE: New Project with WomenHeart

Posted 05-13-2020 08:33
    Congratulations Suz! Such important work. Looking forward to learning from our PAIRED partners about their experiences with this work.

Kelly Smith
    MedStar Health

• 4.  RE: New Project with WomenHeart

Posted 05-13-2020 09:29
    May I strongly suggest you have a family physician on your steering committee as well as they are point of first contact in the community and are the only physician speciality to distribute geographically as the population does?

Erica W. Swegler, MD
    AAFP Director
    817-319-0690 cell

Sent from my iPhone