Discussion Board

Expand all | Collapse all

Looking for Doctoral Dissertation Committee Member

• 1.  Looking for Doctoral Dissertation Committee Member

Posted 04-26-2021 15:17
    Good afternoon. I am pursuing my Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) degree at Central Michigan University. I am now a doctoral candidate, having passed my comprehensive examination, and am forming my dissertation committee. I am interested in seeing if there is a significant difference in the diagnostic pathology training provided to allopathic and osteopathic medical students, and how the different educational philosophies manifest themselves in post-graduate ordering and use of the diagnostic data. Specifically, I want to see how we might shape the education of medical students (allopathic & osteopathic) to better enable them to order the right test, at the right time for the right patient, and reduce inappropriate, excessive, repeat and duplicate testing. The goal is to improve the test to diagnosis time, increase patient satisfaction, improve clinical quality and reduce expenses. 

My committee currently consists of a PhD and an MD from CMU. I am looking for a DO or MD with a sincere interest in improving the quality of medical education and thus improving the practice of diagnostic medicine by non-pathologists.

I can be reached at keary1jg@cmich.edu or by phone at 716-307-4968.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of my request.

Joe Keary

------------------------------
    Joseph Keary, MS, MBA
    Doctoral Candidate
    Central Michigan University
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Looking for Doctoral Dissertation Committee Member

Posted 04-26-2021 15:42

Joeseph - Did you put this out to the whole group? I only saw my name on the 'to' list.

I have not served as a dissertation advisor before, so could you tell me a little bit more about the time commitment needed?

Wishing you all the best,

Rana

Rana Samuel, MD, FCAP

Chief, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service (PALMS, 113)

Medical Review Officer, Federal Drug Free Workplace Program (DFWP)

VA Western New York Healthcare System (VAWNYHS)

3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14215

Lead pathologist – VISN 2

VISN2 Diagnostics Integrated Clinical Community PALMS Co-Lead

Ph:    716-862-8701

Fax:  716-862-7824

Rana.samuel@va.gov