Discussion Board

Expand all | Collapse all

A Thought - Vaccines

• 1.  A Thought - Vaccines

Posted 07-22-2020 18:44
    Some 30% of the population in the US do not like vaccines and it is not known how many are likely to take the eventual corona vaccine.

Taking or not taking vaccines must factor into diagnoses. One would suspect that on occasions the vaccine status of a patient would lead to the wrong or correct diagnosis.

I wondered if we as physicians are telling the correct story about immunizations and immune response?

Am I right in saying that in less sterile/clean times we were daily exposed to bacterial and viral antigens of many kinds on a daily or weekly basis, This mainly by gastroenteral, pneumonic, or dermatological routes of entry.

One would ask, could these be considered “vaccinations"?

One could imagine that in pre-hygiene days one could be “vaccinated” several hundred times a week, month, or year.

If there is some truth to this today we mainly stay healthy with good hygiene, a few vaccines, surgery, antibiotics and antivirals.

It would seem, if again there is some truth to this, that compared to yesteryear we are under-“vaccinated."

Which brings up the question of whether the under-“vaccination” could be leading to diseases for which we do not have a cause?

Autism, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimers come to mind. I think I read that certain childhood tumors are not seen in less developed countries.

I realize that there may be a paucity of information right now to make a coherent story, but is there enough information to tell a somewhat different story to those who do not feel comfortable with vaccines in general.

Is there a better story for all at this time?

Robert Bell, M.D.

• 2.  RE: A Thought - Vaccines

Posted 07-26-2020 17:13
    Story:
    If tolerated here, I'll send a story I wrote for local consumption.
    The reason I ask, folks with an education that has gotten in the way of their learning often take umbrage when they should take bridge.

tom